Want a Good Night’s Sleep?
So blessed am I! My head hits the pillow, and I’m gone very quickly. My heart saddens for so many that cannot sleep well. Years ago, I heard in one of my company trainings (a wellness company) that less than eight hours of sleep was on the top ten list for shortenening life – along with smoking, too much alcohol and the like! Not much has changed in this area over the years.
For example – it is claimed that interrupted or impaired sleep can:
- Dramatically weaken your immune system
- Accelerate tumor growth—tumors grow two to three times faster in laboratory animals with severe sleep dysfunctions
- Cause a pre-diabetic state, making you feel hungry even if you’ve already eaten, which can wreak havoc on your weight
- Seriously impair your memory; even a single night of poor sleep—meaning sleeping only 4 to 6 hours—can impact your ability to think clearly the next day
- Impair your performance on physical or mental tasks, and decrease your problem solving ability
And the list goes on – Impaired sleep can also increase stress-related disorders, including:
- Heart disease
- Stomach ulcers
- Mood disorders like depression
You’ll find Dr. Mercola’s 33 Secrets to a Good Night’s Sleep at: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/10/02/secrets-to-a-good-night-sleep.aspx
Maybe one of them will help you! Let me know. But for now – I need to get to bed…